Cream of Asparagus soup
- 4 slices of Flaxseed Bread
- 2 bunches of green asparagus
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of low-fat milk
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Peel and cut the end of the asparagus (which is the hardest part).
- Cut the asparagus into 3 parts and save the 4 tips for decorating.
- Add the asparagus and saute onion 5 minutes, then add the chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper and let cook until the asparagus is tender.
- Take out cooked asparagus and set aside. Heat the butter with flour for 2 minutes, stir and then add the liquified cream of asparagus and cook until boiling and add seasoning.
- Heat up salt water and dip the tips of the asparagus for 3 minutes and then cool with water and ice.
- Serve in bowls of cream containing asparagus and garnish with the reserved tips.
- Tip: You can cook some asparagus before grinding them and cut into small pieces to add to the cream and get a different texture to find pieces of asparagus inside.